Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Dreaming

Everyone dreams, including animals such as cats and dogs. Dreaming was thought to be communication between the gods and people, but sadly it is not of mystical as that. It really is just the brain being active during sleep. It's just like daydreaming, but sleeping! It has been heard of that dreaming can be caused by eating certain foods before sleeping. Such as eating chocolate before bed can cause you to have nightmares. I have also heard that some people eat a certain food before bed every night so they will dream. Every night you will dream, but you forget about 90% of your dreams after being awake for 10 minutes. Also you can only dream of what you know. If there were to be many people in your dream, they would all have the faces of people you have seen before, even if you never spoke to that person and only saw a glimpse of that person, it is still possible for them to come into your dream. I have also heard before that if you dream of someone, they miss you, but I highly doubt that statement. There are different types of dreams. You can have a lucid dream, which means that you know that you are dreaming and so you can control your dream. It is basically being god of your imaginary world! The most common type of dream is the unconscious dream, which is dreaming and not being aware of the fact you are dreaming. People have such strange dreams, based on circumstances of living, money, environment and relations. But you don't remember most of your dreams, so hold onto to the dreams that you do. They may turn out to be as rewarding as Stephenie Meyer's dream about sparkling vampires and shirtless werewolfs. 

Source: Scientific American




2 comments:

  1. My favorite part of your blog was the fact that it was about sleep, one of my favorite things to do! A psychology teacher of mine assigned us to keep a journal by our beds for a couple weeks and write down all our dreams when we woke up, fascinating... and weird. Try it sometime. It's fun and as odd as dreams can be, they sometimes give great insight as to what kinds of things are really going in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your blog. Most of the time I forget my dreams, but I do remember the weird ones. One time I remember a pickled attacking me. I can tell you did a lot of research.

    ReplyDelete